Stop Police Terror Project DC
Stop Police Terror Project DC is committed to changing the system of racist, militarized policing in our region. We work to oppose police abuses and also to build community-led peacekeeping efforts to empower oppressed communities to deal with their own security concerns.
We stand on these basic principles:
- Militarized Policing must end immediately.
- Communities should be empowered to secure themselves.
- As long as the police are an institution, there must be clear accountability mechanisms in the hands of the people.
- The issue of militarized policing and mass incarceration are military solutions to the social problems in oppressed communities, which is a form of social control. As such critiquing capitalism is a necessary part of our movement.
- We are opposed to patriarchy and all racism, bigotry, homophobia and transphobia.
- Our movement is broad and unity is important. We believe in exploring with all who wish to partner the issue of limited unity around police terror but our basic point of unity with all forces is a forthright recognition of the importance of LGBTQ and Women freedom fighters to at all times be respected and safe.