Funeral March to Bury TrumpCare
Start: Saturday, September 23, 2017• 1:00 PM
End: Saturday, September 23, 2017• 2:00 PM
Wear black. Bring your own signs and funereal props. Tell your own health care story.
Republican Senators are trying to take away our health care AGAIN! Their new “Graham-Cassidy” bill is the worst yet. It will repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), end Medicaid as we know it, drastically cut health care spending, and defund Planned Parenthood. It also lets states eliminate many of the ACA’s consumer rights & protections that benefit everyone, no matter what kind of coverage you have.
· Seniors, Women, Children
· People with disabilities and special health needs
· People with pre-existing medical conditions
· Workers who don’t have coverage from their job
· Low-income people, and military veterans
· People who need comprehensive benefits, like addiction treatment and maternity care
· States like New York who’ve done the right thing under Medicaid and the ACA
· States that want to set up their own single-payer-style universal health care programs
32 million people will lose their health insurance, including over 1 million New Yorkers. New York State will lose $19 billion in federal health care funds over the next decade.
Acting together, we stopped them from killing our health care this past summer. This new bill is their last-ditch effort. We can do it again!
Sponsors [list in formation]: Center for Independence of the Disabled-NY, Fight Back Bay Ridge; Health Care for America Now-NYC; Hunger Action Network of NYS; Metro NY Health Care for All; National Physicians Alliance-NY; NY Immigration Coalition; Physicians for a National Health Program-NY Metro; Progressive Doctors, UWS MoveOn-Indivisible Action Group